Friday, December 10, 2010

Reminders


I LOVE how the Lord works. I know I have written before how I love it when the Lord gives me something more than once. Well 3 days in a row now the Lord has totally blessed me, by reminding me of His promise, as found in Ephesians 3:20-21.

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen."

I first came across these verses three nights ago in my daily Bible reading. Then last night in a devotional I was reading the idea of not just being ok with "good" but seeking the "best" the Lord has for us was being talked about, and the Lord reminded me of these verses. That the things HE has for us are "exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think". And that He has the best for us in mind. He has prepared those things for us in advance. Then tonight, I was reading the Daily Christmas Advent from Passion City Church, and what was the scripture reading for today??? Well Ephesians 3:20-21 again! wow!

Sometimes the Lord has to drill into my head lessons that I need to learn, and maybe this is a lesson in a way, to not settle, to seek after His heart and the things HE has for me. But also, this is a reminder of His love for me. That is so great and full of so much grace. It is a reminder of the good He has prepared for me and the promises of His that are true.

Anyway, just thought I would share this with you all. I hope it offers you some encouragement like it has offered me tonight!

Grace and peace on your hearts,
r

No comments:

Post a Comment