Monday, December 13, 2010

Coincidence?

Personally when it comes to the Word of God, I do not believe in coincidence. I believe that God totally speaks through His Word to us today. I believe the Bible is just as relevant to our lives and what we are going through today as it was when it was originally penned.

So what does that have to do with coincidence? Well the Lord has been showing me things in groups as of late. Sometimes the same verse or idea a few days in a row in different forms or from different resources. Tonight He showed me the SAME verse from 2 completely different areas. Why is this more than a coincidence?

Well, first I read a devotional from AW Tozer tonight. Now this devotional is not in a book, I have no way of knowing what will come to me next, it is emailed to me daily. Then I opened up my Bible to where I left off yesterday, and "just so happened" to be in the exact same book and chapter reading the SAME verse as was in the devotional tonight. Coincidence? I really do not think so.

SO, you may be wondering what is this totally awesome verse the Lord wanted to make sure that I paid attention to? Let me share it with you!

"Sow for yourselves righteousness;
Reap in mercy;
Break up your fallow ground,
For it is time to seek the LORD,
Till He comes and rains righteousness on you. "
Hosea 10:12

There are a couple reasons why I always share with you guys the things that the Lord is showing me. Tonight I will tell you one of the reasons....because I am just so excited at how much He loves me! And how He is such a personal God, concerned with me and my life and my struggles and dreams and fears and loves and hurts and all of it! And He arranges time and space and emails and Bible reading schedules to make blessings like this one appear twice in a row.

Why on earth would I not share? And how could I ever call this a coincidence.

grace and peace on your hearts...
night
r

No comments:

Post a Comment