Friday, December 31, 2010

All Things New in the New Year


As the year comes to an end I am so thankful for all that the Lord has done this past year. All that He has blessed me with. I spent the first part of the year still living in Romania, and this second half in California. I have gone from working in a hospital with disabled children in a play therapy room, to working in offices and in a shelter and transitional home for women who are pregnant and all alone.

The year has been full of a lot of unknown things. A lot of waiting and patience. But most importantly it has been full of the Lord's grace and love and hope and peace. His guidance and His answers.

I love New Year's. I love when things come to an end and new things begin. The Bible has a lot to say about new things. Here are some great verses that were a blessing to me tonight. Thinking about the newness of life we have in Christ and the hope of things to come.

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another." John 13:34

"Again, a new commandment I write to you, which thing is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and the true light is already shining." 1 John 2:8

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17

"and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him, where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but Christ is all and in all." Colossians 3:10-11

"This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart; who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. But you have not so learned Christ, if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness." Ephesians 4:17-24

"And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away." Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me,“Write, for these words are true and faithful.” And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts." Revelation 21:4-6

As the minutes remaining in this old year quickly tick away, may we take time to thank the One who makes all things new, for all He has done, for all He is doing, and for all He is going to do.

grace and peace my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment