Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Not Alone


I love Tozer....there are times in my life where other than reading the stories of missionaries or men of the Bible I feel a little alone in some of the decisions I have made through much prayer and fasting...but again Tozer has shared something that reminds that I am not alone...

It's just nice to know that there are really others who think the same things and pray the same things I have.

Oh...not that I am in any way saying I am on the same level as Tozer or the others I mentioned.....but it still feels nice to know I'm not alone.

-------------------------------------

"But even after we had suffered before and were spitefully treated at
Philippi, as you know, we were bold in our God to speak to you the
gospel of God in much conflict."
-1 Thessalonians 2:2

"It is good for us to remember how strong He is--and how weak we are.
I settled this issue a long time ago. I tell you I have talked to
God more than I have talked to anyone else. I have reasoned more
with God and had longer conferences with God than with anybody else.

And what did I tell Him? Among other things, I told Him, "Now, Lord,
if I do the things I know I should do, and if I say what I know in
my heart I should say, I will be in trouble with people and with
groups--there is no other way!

"Not only will I be in trouble for taking my stand in faith and
honesty, but I will certainly be in a situation where I will be
seriously tempted of the devil!"

Then, after praying more and talking to the Lord, I have said,
"Almighty Lord, I accept this with my eyes open! I know the facts
and I know what may happen, but I accept it. I will not run. I
will not hide. I will not crawl under a rug. I will dare to stand
up and fight because I am on your side--and I know that when I am
weak, then I am strong!"

No comments:

Post a Comment