Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Promise Revisited


Do not remember the former things,
Nor consider the things of old.
Behold, I will do a new thing,
Now it shall spring forth;
Shall you not know it?
I will even make a road in the wilderness
And rivers in the desert.
Isaiah 43:18-19


I always recommend writing down those things that the Lord has revealed to you, has promised you, or has shown you either through His Word or through circumstances. This is not some fancy idea of my own, the Bible has examples where the children of Israel were told to make memorials unto the Lord or to offer up offerings unto the Lord as a memorial for things He has done. Communion is a New Testament example of us doing something "in remembrance" or as a memorial. I suppose the Bible itself is one large living memorial to our God and His Word and faithfulness and truth!

Tonight during my devotional time, I was rereading some of those promises that the Lord gave to me, remembering the way He provided for me, remembering His love and His direction and rereading verses He had given me.

There is a reason it is a good idea to actually write down these things that the Lord has done and shown us. None of us has a perfect memory, and the enemy sure loves to come in and cloud the memories we do have, especially of the specific things the Lord has done. So by writing it down, we can always look back and hold on to the things from Him, and that gives us hope and peace and joy!

The Lord is so good and so faithful and we must never forget those things He has shown us....but don't just look back.....let us look forward and wait in expectancy for more from Him!

grace and peace


*

No comments:

Post a Comment