Saturday, September 11, 2010

I Remember... 9/11


As we come to the anniversary of 9/11 I wanted to just say that I remember...

I remember where I was when I first heard about the attacks.

I remember almost every hour of that day.

I remember how our country came together to mourn the loss of family and to support our neighbors.

I remember how the American flag was hung in front of almost every single home.

I remember how we all, gathered together to pray for our country.

And as I remember all of these things, I want to encourage each of us to not just remember, but to carry on.

Carry on loving our neighbors and supporting and encouraging one another.

And can we please have our flags hanging, as we show love and pride of this very special country the Lord has blessed us with.

But above all...can we please, get on our knees and pray for America!
Pray for our citizens
Pray for the November elections
Pray for forgiveness
Pray that God will bless our Nation
Pray for our elected officials

Can we please pray? And not only as we remember 9/11, but can we please pray for our country everyday!

Grace and peace....and God bless America.

Rachel

*

No comments:

Post a Comment