Monday, September 13, 2010

Awesome Devo


Day 1 -- Monday, September 13

Today's first step together is a simple prayer.

God, I need you more than anything.

Breathe this confession throughout the day as you lift your eyes to the source of everything you crave...everything you need.

Psalm 73

25Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
26My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

What/who are you looking to today to provide what only God can do? Release it/them from the pressure of meeting a need that is beyond their capacity and confess your hope in God who can do infinitely more.

Prayer -- Father, I lift my eyes to You, Maker of heaven and earth. I confess that I have relied too often on my own strength or the strength of others. But, in truth I am tired and weary, and I know that end the end my own efforts will not be enough. Today, I choose to look up to You. You are my God. You are my source of life. You are everything. Restore my hope that You will come through that the world may see and know that Jesus alone is God. Amen

- Passion City Church

No comments:

Post a Comment