Friday, August 27, 2010

Not What I Asked For!


"For I know the plans
I have for you,"

declares the LORD,
"plans to prosper you
and not to harm you,

plans to give you hope
and a future."
~Jeremiah 29:11

---------------------------

Had some lovely talks today at work about how awesome the Lord is. Last night the Lord reminded me through a series of events how much He loves me. How He wants what is best for me, and how sometimes what is best for me is not at all what I may want for myself at a moment in time.

It is always so humbling to look back and see how things I begged the Lord for would have turned out to be the very things that would have been completely wrong for me.

I pray I am learning to no longer beg the Lord for what I want, but to beg Him for HIS WILL! And to ask that my will be aligned with His perfect will for my life.

Praise the Lord that He is so patient with us, that He loves us, that He works all things together for His good. And that He does not always give us what we ask for.

grace and peace and sweet dreams,
rachel

xo


*

No comments:

Post a Comment