Saturday, May 26, 2012

Thankful


"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord
"Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, 
plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11 

Every once in a while I stop and take a thoughtful look over my life...the choices I have made, the road the Lord has taken me down and where I am at this present moment.  I am so thankful that the Lord loves me enough to want the best for me.  That He has loved me enough to really keep me from making some poor choices on my own.  I can hardly take credit for even being obedient, cause there have been so many times where I either reluctantly went along with the Lord's plans, or the decisions were almost forced on me....but again, I look at my life now and cannot thank Jesus enough for guiding me and for really saving me from choices I wanted so badly in past.  HE knows what is best for me.  Why do we want to settle for GOOD when He wants to give us the BEST?  As Oswald Chambers puts it, "The greatest enemy of the life of faith in God is not sin, but good choices which are not quite good enough. The good is always the enemy of the best."

I couldn't agree more.  

Just feeling really thankful this morning for the Lord's hand on my life.  

Thankful that He came to give me life and for that life to be abundant.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment